Write a 3–4-page assessment in which you examine how advertising manipulates emotions, particularly fear,EXAMINE HOW ADVERTISING MANIPULATES EMOTIONS PARTICULARLY FEAR.
EXAMINE HOW ADVERTISING MANIPULATES EMOTIONS PARTICULARLY FEAR.
Write a 3–4-page assessment in which you examine how advertising manipulates emotions, particularly fear .
Fear is not only a powerful emotion but also a powerful motivator. Advertisers know this and use fear appeal in advertising messages as a tactic to motivate their target audience into behaving in a certain way.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 2: Apply social psychological research and theory to examine social perception, social interaction, and social influence.
- Describe the emotional tone of advertising.
- Describe the behavior promoted in advertising.
- Apply a theory or concept related to social psychology to explain the effectiveness of appealing to fear in advertising.
- Competency 3: Analyze social psychological theory and research to explain personal, professional, and social issues.
- Explain the social conditions that foster fear.
- Explain how individual differences and perceptions perpetuate fearfulness.
- Competency 7: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
- Write coherently to support a central idea with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics as expected of a psychology professional.
Use APA format and style
Another aspect of human functioning—emotion—has proven to be even more challenging to study than cognition. There are so many theories on emotions, but none are all inclusive; therefore, emotions continue to be mysterious, and the study of emotions is considered a work in progress. Emotions appear to be out of conscious control, yet they provide feedback that aids in self-understanding and information about our perceptions of the social world.