THE GREAT RECESSION OF 2008-2009: CAUSES AND RESPONSES
For this assignment, assume the role of an economic advisor to Steve Forbes. Using this week’s required resources as well as at least two additional credible resources, prepare a 6- to 8-minute presentation highlighting the causes and responses to the Great Recession.
To communicate with Mr. Forbes, you will orally present your findings using Screencast-O-Matic (Links to an external site.). If needed, review the Screencast-O-Matic Quick-Start Guide (Links to an external site.). The presentation should be documented using seven to nine PowerPoint slides which include speaker notes.
Specific questions to consider in your presentation:
- What caused to the Great Recession of 2008-2009? Address any monetary and fiscal policies that played a role before, during, and after the recession.
- Has the crisis changed the structure of the U.S. economy?
- Could a similar recession happen in the future, why or why not? Provide supporting facts for your opinions.
- What economic advice would you offer to steer the economy away from such a deep and long recession?
In this presentation,
- Hypothesize two to three causes of the Great Recession.
- Analyze the underlining fiscal and monetary policies leading up to, during, and after the Great Recession.
- Conclude on any changes in the U.S. economy from the Great Recession as well as any future recession possibilities of this magnitude.
- Propose a minimum of three economic policies and actions to avoid future recessions.
The Great Recession of 2008-2009: Causes and Responses recorded video presentation
- Must be 6- to 8-minutes in length.
- Must be six to eight slides in length (not including title and references slide) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource. You need to include speaker notes for each task on the slide. Review the Add Speaker Notes to Your Slides (Links to an external site.) resource for support.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of the proposal
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
- Avoid over-dependence on direct quotes. Direct quotes are a great way to strengthen our assertions and provide support. However, be sure to avoid using excessive direct quotes in lieu of original thought. Direct quotes will not meet the requirement for analysis, application, and critical thinking. Please ensure to not overuse direct quote so that you can avoid losing points for this.Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.