Summarize a well–known criminal case including a description of the offense(s), the investigation of the crime, and the outcome. It is important in any investigation or analysis of criminal behavior to evaluate both endogenous and exogenous theories of criminal behavior and analyze how our biases and assumptions influence our assessment of individuals and the role of psychological profiling in law enforcement. It is also important to determine culturally–based behavior patterns that may be specific to certain segments of the population. Preliminary sources of this type of information may come from reliable media sources in their coverage of scholarly works as well as government publications of research findings. These may direct you to more focused resources for scholarly references. In your paper
- Identify and analyze the behavior of the offender(s) relative to the psychological history and evaluation of the offender(s).
- Describe the psychological, behavioral, environmental, and cognitive factors that you believe led to the offender’s criminality. The goal is to provide an analysis of the psychological history of the offender as it pertains to the offense(s).
- Summarize the psychological history of the offender as it pertains to the offense(s). Be sure to include as much information as possible regarding the offender’s childhood, adolescence as well as adulthood (if applicable).
- Provide examples of behavior that reflect psychological influences.
- Discuss the nature of any mental health referrals or treatment that occurred and the outcome.
- Identify psychological issues that were present, as demonstrated through statements and/or behavior of the offender, but not identified or treated.
The Case Summary and Offender Profile
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style (new APA style 7th edition) and in text citations are required
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least four scholarly sources in addition to the course texts.
- Must document all sources in APA style and in text citations.
- Must include a separate reference page that is formatted according to APA style and in text citations