Analysis of Research
TOPIC: Analysis of Research I
In this course, we will move toward the concept of the literature review, an important element of the dissertation process. As you have learned, synthesis is the process of creating a new idea by analyzing multiple disparate concepts or notions to discern the common thematic or connecting principles among them. Synthesis of research is a process learned through time and practice. In this assignment, you will continue to analyze research. Instead of approaching the research articles as individual entities, you should compare, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize the information you are reading.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review the journal articles assigned in the first three topics of this course.
1. Cortina, J. M. (1993). What is coefficient alpha? An examination of theory and applications. Journal of Applied Psychology, 78(1), 98-104.URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=pdh&AN=1993-19965-001&site=ehost-live&scope=site
2. Judge, T. A., & Kammeyer-Meller, J. D. (2012). General and specific measures in organizational behavior research: Considerations, examples, and recommendations for researchers. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 33(2), 161–174. URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=bth&AN=70165296&site=ehost-live&scope=site
3. Briggs, S. R., & Cheek, J. M. (1986). The role of factor analysis in the development and evaluation of personality scales. Journal of Personality, 54(1), 106-148. URL:https://lopes.idm.oclc.org/login?url=http://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=8970518&site=ehost-live&scope=site
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
· Refer to the sample annotated bibliography attached to this assignment. SAMPLE IS ATTACHED
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Provide an evaluation (750-1,000 words total) of at least five journal articles from the first three topics of this course. Include the following for each article:
1. The article citations, which are not included in the total word count.
2. A written summary of the key concept(s) of the articles. Consider the following questions: Why were the studies done? What were the populations studied? What did the researcher(s) conclude? How are the research questions or findings similar/different? What other information about these studies do you believe is unique or important to recall? Are there specific statements made by the authors that you wish to retain? How might these articles compare with others you read? What new ideas can come out of the articles you are evaluating?
Read Chapter 6.
Morris, S. B., Daisley, R. L., Wheeler, M., & Boyer, P. (2015). A Meta-Analysis of the Relationship Between Individual Assessments and Job Performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 100(1), 5-20. doi: 10.1037/a0036938.