The biology concepts presented in this course are taught in a way that encourages you to make the connection between textbook biology and biology that appears in newspapers and periodicals. This assignment will encourage you to make the connection between the textbook and the world you live in.
Format: At least one page in length, Minimum of 1,000 words, 1-inch margins, size 12 font, double spaced.
Sources: All sources must be properly cited within and at end of paper. Use MLA or APA style.
Please do the following:
1. Select an article from a current newspaper, periodical, or the Internet which correlates with the content in one of the weekly units. Include a bibliographic reference to the article in your report.
2. The article must be less than three months old and correlate with the content of one of the units of instruction covered in the course.
3. The body of the paper should consist of three carefully prepared paragraphs. The first paragraph will be a summary of the article, the second paragraph will be a correlation of the article content with a unit presented, and the third paragraph will explain how this article impacts you personally.
Paragraph 1 Summarize the article with the who, what, when, where, why, and how of the main ideas in the article?
Paragraph 2 Correlate the article with a unit of instruction we covered in the course.
Give specific information that you learned in class that:
1. Relates to the article content,
2. Helped you understand the article, or
3. Contradicted the article.
Paragraph 3 Explain why the content of this article is important to you, your friends, and your family. The paragraph should answer one or more of the following questions:
Did the article made you aware of things you had not thought of before?
Did the article change your mind or feelings about the topic?
Was the article about something you have experienced personally?
How does the article relate to other issues in your life?
How does this article make you feel?