The purpose of this assignment is to explore a critical concept in nursing. The student will be able to demonstrate application of information literacy and ability to utilize resources (library, writing center, SmartThinking, located within the Tutor Source tab under Course Home, APA resources, Turnitin, and others) through literature search and writing the paper.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO 2: Identify characteristics of professional behavior including emotional intelligence,
Communication, and conflict resolution.
CO 3: Demonstrate information literacy and the ability to utilize resources.find a scholarly nursing journal article (published within the last five years) that discusses this nursing topic
- After you find a scholarly nursing journal article using the Chamberlain library resources, you will complete a one-two page summary and reflection on the article. The paper should be completed in APA format and include the following.
- A cover page (not included in the page number requirement)
- A reference page (not included in the page number requirement)
- One direct quote from one of your references, appropriately cited in the body of your paper
- One indirect quote (or paraphrased reference) appropriately cited in the body of your paper
- Citations and references in APA format
Best Practices in Preparing the PaperUtilize resources available to you to assist with finding appropriate literature and articles from professional nursing journals relevant to your topic and preparing for and writing the paper (e.g., SmartThinking, located within the Tutor Source tab under Course Home, writing center, Turnitin, APA manual, and online resources).