Now imagine you’ve been asked to host a leadership workshop for your workplace, division, or community group. How would you use the examples of leadership shown in this chapter to teach your audience or to illustrate key points of your presentation? What other examples–whether modern or historical, real or imagined–would you use? How would those examples further emphasize what you teach your audience?
Write 1000-word response to the prompt above. Be sure to incorporate our Core Value of Integrity in your analysis of leadership–how do those concepts relate?
Consider the examples of leadership you have read about in this module, from the prominent public and nationwide leadership of John F. Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Abraham Lincoln to the challenges of personal leadership experienced by Robert in Carver’s “Cathedral” or Lt. Jimmy Cross in O’Brien’s “The Things They Carried.
These are sum of the reads from the chapter :
- Tim O’Brien, “The Things They Carried”
- Raymond Carver, “Cathedral”
- Langston Hughes, “Democracy”
- Linda Pastan, “Ethics”
- John F. Kennedy, “Inaugural Address, January 20, 1961”
- Martin Luther King, Jr., “I Have a Dream”
- Abraham Lincoln, “Second Inaugural Address, March 4th, 1865”