NUTRITION PROMOTION AND FAMILY ASSESSMENT
A written essay on an assigned topic, with a focus on Nutrition promotion and family assessment, worth 15% of final grade.
Objectives of the Essay:
The student will demonstrate their ability to:
- Research a selected topic using a variety of reliable resources.
- Prepare a professionally written report in APA format, from a nursing perspective on the selected topic.
The students will be able to describe the family they will study by week #3. Students create a family scenario upon which to focus the nutritional topic.
- Look up your selected nutrition promotion family topic. Be sure you understand what you are researching.
- Read the relevant chapter in your text, Potter & Perry. Look in all of your required text resources.
- Research your topic using at least one professional nursing journal.
- Research your topic using other reputable texts, journals and online resources. Unless they are from a classic source (ex. F. Nightingale “Notes on Nursing”), all articles/texts must be less than 5 years old. The paper must have at least 3 references.
- Make notes from your research. Organize what you have learned under main headings. Review your research to answer the following questions: What does the Nurse need to assess about this family and what will she need to include in a teaching plan?
- Prepare a 1 page MAX outline of your paper as your starting point for the scholarly writing process.Your final paper should be a three page paper (can be longer), (not including cover page), double spaced, Times New Roman 12pt. font on the selected topic. A short paper means you must include the most important content in a concise manner. Apply APA format. References must be included in the body of the paper and listed at the end on a reference page. APA is a large part of the intended learning for this paper so please pay attention to the details of APA.
- Compare your final paper with the marking scheme in the rubric below. Make the necessary changes.
- Keep a copy of your work and final submission. Submit a title page, the essay, and reference page through Dropbox.
Penalty for lateness and Plagiarism, please see Durham College policy.