Research social welfare policies using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.Select a social problem, for example, poverty, crime, or unemployment.Identify an
Research social welfare policies using your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet.
- Select a social problem, for example, poverty, crime, or unemployment.
- Identify and describe the social factors that contribute to the problem.
- Identify and examine a federal or state social welfare policy that aims to address this social problem.
- Employ the textbook’s National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Code of Ethics as a frame of reference and complete the following:
- Explain whether this social policy addresses the social problem adequately and ethically.
- Give reasons and examples in support.
Research the selected social problem as it exists in one other country. Respond to the following:
- Compare the implications of this social problem in your community to that of the other country.
- Discuss how this problem is handled in the other country. For example, pollution of local water sources may be a problem in your community, but how is it addressed in Norway?
- Give examples and reasons in support of your response.
Write your initial response in 300–400 words. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.