Discussion # 1 [3pts for this topic]
1. From the HRM perspective, what are the implications, for both the employees and management, of managing labor relations in the Public Sector? Be specific
2. Initial comments to this discussion topic are due by midnight Saturday and then you must substantively respond to at least TWO student’s comments in this discussion topic no later than 10pm Tuesday. See Discussion Expectations for rules on discussion requirements.
- US Coast Guard Office of Civilian Human Resources Federal Labor Relations
- OPM Labor Management Relations
- U.S. Federal Labor Relations Authority (FLRA)
ADDITIONAL OPTIONAL READING MATERIAL (NOT REQUIRED):
Discussion # 2 [No points for this topic]
Since we are at the end of this class, this is the perfect time to reflect upon the achievement of Course Outcomes.
As the Syllabus states …. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- identify, interpret, and apply rules and policies governing the labor relations process
- research and prepare background materials to support the labor relations process
- differentiate between unionized and non-unionized environments in order to maintain legal compliance
- identify, analyze, and classify potential labor relations issues in order to support the decision-making process