Introduction: It has been argued that cultural capabilities are fundamental to operating effectively in the workplace, community and the university. Cultural capabilities are required for creating safe work and learning spaces. So, to complete this task you will be drawing together all of the learning from the unit to show understanding of strategies to create safe spaces.
Main Task: Write a formal report to observe and analyze whether characters in the given video are showing effective cultural capabilities and maintaining a culturally safe space. Also, recommend how effective cultural capabilities of the people involved could be improved.
Visual cues to look for:
- Safe atmosphere (safe from physical, emotional or psychological harm?)
- Body language, eye contact, hand placement, stance, proximity
- Verbal communication (what and how)
How does cultural empathy relate to safe spaces?
- How does cultural empathy help create effective work or social, settings?
- How would you recognise that cultural empathy is occurring [or not] in any setting.